Nate Ruegger is a writer & director of dark genre thrillers.
Nate was born and raised in L.A. by an actress and a producer who made him the genre fan he is today. His first memory was seeing Return of the Jedi. His bedtime stories were Batman comics. His family movie nights were Hitchcock double features. At the age of 7, he had the good fortune to voice act on the Emmy-winning series Tiny Toon Adventures – and after working for Steven Spielberg – there was no turning back.
Nate's passion for writing & directing dark genre thrillers took him to Dartmouth College, USC's School of Cinematic Arts, and a film festival circuit with his short thriller "Another Life" - while garnering some notable recognition along the way:
* Featured on The Blood List - the most-liked, unproduced scripts in the dark genre space
* Featured on The Bitch List - the most-liked, unproduced scripts that pass the Bechdel test
* Semifinalist at the Script Pipeline Screenwriting Competition (Top 1.5%)
* Second Round at the Sundance Episodic Story Lab
* Second Round at the Austin Screenwriting Competition
Currently, Nate is writing a number of genre thriller features and TV pilots, directing a horror short Trust Me through post-production, and gearing up to write & direct his first feature.