Violenta Flores (aka Juan Carlos Zaldivar) is developing a first feature film with the support of the Sundance Writers Lab, Locarno Film Festival's Open Doors, and The Venice Biennale College Cinema 2020
• started a film career as a sound editor and designer in Academy-nominated films such as Ang Lee's Sense and Sensibility and On the Ropes, and on HBO’s America Undercover, which garnered an Emmy Award nomination;
• screened award-winning films worldwide and has aired on PBS, ABC, IFC, Showtime, and WE.
• Directing credits include 90 Miles (PBS), The Story of the Red Rose (Showtime), Palingenesis, and Soldiers Pay (IFC), co-directed with David O. Russell.
• Zaldivar/Flores served as a juror for several major film festivals, including Sundance;
• associate-produced the feature documentary Buena Vista Social Club, Adios (2017),
• co-produced the VR film A History of Cuban Dance (Sundance and SXSW 2016, Within) and
• co-directed the VR documentary entitled SwampScapes ad 3 other VR experiences.
Writer currently has no listed scripts.