Jobs at the Black List
Freelance Script Readers
The Black List is selectively hiring professional script readers to evaluate screenplays and pilots and to write brief evaluations for submissions from the Black List website. All readers are hired on a freelance basis.
- Readers may read as few or as many scripts as they can accommodate with their schedule.
- All readers are remote and may complete work from any location.
- Readers are paid on a per script basis. Screenplay and 1-hr pilots or longer are paid at $40 per script. Pilots 30 minutes or shorter are paid at $30 per script.
Requirements (please only apply if you meet these criteria):
- Needless to say, readers must read all scripts thoroughly and completely and be detail oriented in their analysis of every script.
- Readers must have strong writing skills, including thoughtful qualitative feedback and clear, concise language (including professional-level grammar and diction).
- Applicants must have a minimum of one year, full-time experience (i.e. not interns) reading as, at least, employed first filters for major Hollywood financiers, studios, networks, production companies, agencies, or management companies.
To apply, send your resume and two samples of previous coverage to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Black List Reader."